Disability pension Question ?

1. 981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Guy's, I was a self-Employed Painter for the Past 30 years, i retired when i was 45 y/o as i ruined my back, had 2 operations, and was told i could never work again, i had 2 Government contract's ( BCC & QBuild) and paid almost $1 Million in Tax in the Last 10 years of my working life, Now, with all the treatment i needed including Doctors, massage, Pain Killers and so forth , i decided it would be cheaper for me to live in Asia, so i moved to the Philippines where Massage cost $10 instead of $130, medication is almost 1/4 price and doctors are $10 a visit, unfortunately the Disability Pension will not pay me a cent as i have chosen to live here where i can afford a Half decent lifestyle, i try to explain, i will never use a pension Card, cheap bus ride, cheap prescriptions, etc etc....and the $300 p/w would help me get by, at the moment i am using my share Portfolio to live, but with the Price of Oil so low ( yes Energy shares only at this stage) and the AUD$ also so low, i am getting double Whammied , I paid my Tax for 30 years, and now i am entitled to a disability Pension, up to me where i spend it , but this LNP ( who i voted for ) have screwed me over, does anyone have any suggestions ?? i am 50 this year so have a long way to go for the Old Age Pension, and of course no insurance company will touch me with a 10ft pole, so what are my options..?????.....all replies appreciated ..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.