I appreciate your post, but it contains nothing that supports...

1. 6,472 Posts.
    I appreciate your post, but it contains nothing that supports your belief.

I do not hold an anti-Catholic position, nor an anti-religious position, though I do abhor some of the behaviour of the CC and other religions. I think that religion is humanities best hope of not annihilating itself, but not via any of todays mainstream religions which have all lost their way.

As for blinded eyes and hardened hearts, the only real enemy of Christendom comes from its followers. Their eyes and hearts are just as likely to be subject to the infirmities mentioned. Non-Christians have almost no bearing on the state of Christianity and who can really blame people for being inoculated against religion with its appalling track record and teaching endless dogma and superstition?

Now regarding the hypostatic union of Christ, that is that Christ was fully God and fully human.

Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good–except God alone. – Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19; Matt 19:17

No one has seen God at any time – John 1:18. John makes it abundantly clear than any scripture he wrote previously does not and was never meant to suggest the Jesus is God.

“For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother. – Matt 12:50

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. – John 14:16

In Matthew 24:36, Christ is questioned about his return. He responds, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.” Jesus cannot be the All-Knowing God, because Jesus cannot both know and not know something simultaneously.

As for the Holy Ghost, this is not something independent from God. God is a spiritual essence, does a spiritual essence have a ghost. Of course not, the Holy Ghost is God as a dynamic force, just as when you do something it's still you. God and the Holy Spirit is the same thing, so the Trinity is lost right there alone.

As for Jesus, He is like a perfect mirror who reflects the essence, perfections and Will of God from God to humankind. God does not descend from absolute perfection down to imperfection, nor divide into parts to direct His Will upon humanity. Jesus is the perfect man who reflects God, represents God, has the authority of God, but at no time is He God.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.