NOR 0.00% 5.0¢ norwood systems limited

Dissecting the Ap

1. 451 Posts.
    Have downloaded WP now and had a bit of a look.
    One obvious thing that is lacking is a proper description of what you actually get for your money.
    The $ vs minutes is pretty straightforward but what do you actually get for the money, what is local and international and at what rates etc.

For instance the Ultimate Plan. It says our flat rate service $69.99 per month.

Ok so what do I actually get for this? What is a flat rate service, what is the flat rate, for how long? per minute? per call?

Renting a number for $8 I think it is, what do the calls then cost? Is it local call rates to call another local number or is it still the $ per minute.
    I'm surprised there is no information in the app and no information on their website that I could find. There's also little information about how to set up the free WP to WP calls. Do you need to have a leased number? Do you need to be on the Ultimate plan??

Haven't had a chance to call home yet (Melbourne), am in Argentina currently and will wait till everyone wakes up later tonight to give it a go. I don't doubt the quality will be great.

I do second the concerns of some people in regards to data usage. Obviously this is going to be very different from country to country and provider to provider. But I'm with vodafone. It's $1 a mb to use data and $1 a minute to make calls. Everyone has mentioned that you can pay $5 per day to use your current plans credit and this is correct but it's at the the roaming rates, and you pay that $5 even to make one call, so it has it's limitations.  Data is fairly accessible in most of the world, even in South America it is reasonably readily available, but you need a local sim or the costs balloon quickly. Also it states on the website that calls cost:
    • International roaming calls made and received when user is not in their home country: USD 0.45 per minute‡*

This is the only reference in regards to pricing I could find (correct me if I missed something) Now going by the current exchange rate that is not 80% cheaper, it's line ball at best. This was in reference to the CORONA part of it but I doubt that standard business plans would be much more expensive than personal plans.

So say on Vodafone, you pay your $5 a day. You have $300 credit on a $25 per month sim, with no contract. it's $1 a minute but giving that you paid $25 for for $300 credit, you actually pay $1 for 12 minutes (plus the $5 per day to enable the service). The $5 a day is really the kicker here as this works out to approx $150 a month (30 x $5). Of course this is the minimum plan vodafone have and the higher the plan the cheaper the call per minute would be.

Assume on the cheapest plan you used the phone every day (30 x $5) = $150 + $25 you pay for the plan = $175 for $300 credit at $1 minute. $175 / 300mins = 58c per min. Of course you only pay the $5 on the days you use the phone which could potentially make this scenario much cheaper again. On WP you would have your data charges when not using with Wifi, which is $1mb (they claim a mb per minute is required) and this kind of defeats the claim of keeping your sim and blows the cost base right out of the water. Using your home data plan on top of the WP charges would likely make it more expensive.

Not down ramping, just curious if anyone has the info in regards to these points?

Obviously it's a big world out there and maybe the costs/plans are more attractive in other countries but I can only reference what I know...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.