Do they pay Rent in Heaven?

1. 13,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    Christian Economist: But,"If I enjoy use of property for which I paid for a period of time, then I am entitled to a rent for that sacrifice (Rent). Same with money as I am forfeiting my right to spend it for a time period, and someone else gets that right, then I should be rewarded for that sacrifice (Interest). If I give my time to an employer and do his bidding as his employee, then I'm not enjoying myself at home doing whatever I want, so I should be rewarded for that - Wages. They are the factors of production and used to make goods and services. If I own them, like my own labour, and contribute this toward making g and s for other people, then I need to be rewarded."

A: Was the earth not given to us all in common?

Christian Economist: "You use of the term "property" appears to be what I call "land". "Property" is broader and denotes ownership - my clothes, my computer, my TV, etc. Land is scarce and demand for it is not, thus the imbalance means that, over time, the price of it will rise. Without personal ownership, which terminates on our death, then we have ANARCHY."

A: Then rent, extortion and usury must be charged in heaven. Swedenborg says heaven is not just a single homogeneous place where everyone is happy and all are the same and equal. Souls can remain in limbo, unaware they are dead, so if you are a proprietor, and you hold to this belief, then you will still be expecting to collect your rent just as usual in heaven, and heaven will oblige you, but it won't be heaven.

Christian Anarchism: A Political Commentary on the Gospel ...
    Last edited by tigmeister: 08/02/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.