LYC 3.47% $6.67 lynas rare earths limited

Does Malaysia want Lynas?, page-2

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    Fuziah has changed her tune and in a positive manner: from calls for total shutdown to calls for totally safe radioactivity practices and storage. She has always been banging on about the radooactivity, of course, so not entirely new.

Fuziah has also changed her tone, also in a positive direction. Just a few reasonable and measured comments that seem designed to assure her constituents she would follow through and also designed to minimize concerns that she was unwilling to be reasonable.

If Fuziah had a "vendetta" and a desire to "attack", I believe she would have issued far stronger and strident commentary following the historic rise to power of her coalition.

So, I was comforted by what I heard and said so. It seems a lot of people didn't want to hear that she might be rational or become an ally. After all, as several pointed out, they had burned her at the stake just a few years ago (largely her own doing, largely by being misled, imho). Others fanned the flames. Next thing I'm being burned at the stake. Lol.

Because Fuziah has not threatened Lynas with anything but government scrutiny, I see no reason for Mahathir to interfere and so I think it unlikely he will rush to Lynas's side and comment. Having nothing to hide, Amanda will take Fuziah seriously, address her concerns and all will be well.

When I was talking about storage-related risks, I briefly mentioned a potential existential risk associated with radioactivity containment problems; an extremely unlikely scenario. People would riot, operations would likely be compromised. I'm barely worried about that at all.

The storage risk I'm more concerned with is one that is certain, and coming faster as they ramp up: running out of space to put residuals before Condisoil is approved, produced and sent off site. Or any other plan. That is the only storage risk that really concerns me. Where is it going, how much is it going to cost, when is it going to start happening.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm not downramping. I'm not freaking out. I'm not fear-mongering.
    I'm just increasingly bothered that we are hearing nothing about something that is both (in my opinion) imminently and eminently relevant to the bottom line.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.67
Change
-0.240(3.47%)
Mkt cap ! $6.234B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.74 $6.77 $6.62 $47.96M 7.165M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 97163 $6.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.67 21971 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.65
  Change
-0.240 ( 3.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.73 $6.76 $6.62 951065
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.