Oath keeper politics - “Well, I think what we have to realize is...

1. 10,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27

Oath keeper politics -

“Well, I think what we have to realize is that, you know, Trump actually failed. … He had a duty and responsibility to step up. But he failed to do that and he allowed a ChiCom puppet into the White House and I think we now need to just declare that to be illegitimate and refuse to comply with anything that comes out of his mouth, anything he signs, anything passed as so-called legislation. Label it ‘pretend legislation’ like the Founding Fathers did.”
    Stewart Rhodes, during an interview on Infowars’ “The Alex Jones Show,” Jan. 20, 2021

“It is CRITICAL that all patriots who can be in D.C. get to D.C. to stand tall in support of President Trump’s fight to defeat the enemies foreign and domestic who are attempting a coup, through the massive voter fraud and related attacks on our Republic. We Oath Keepers are both honor-bound and eager to be there in strength to do our part.”
    Stewart Rhodes, posted on the Oath Keepers website, Jan. 4, 2021

"Attempting a coup". So in their minds a democratic election is a "coup" but the overturning of the results of a democratic election is not a coup.
    The "logic" of Trumpism.

“You must act NOW as a wartime President, pursuant to your oath to defend the Constitution, which is very similar to the oath all of us veterans swore. We are already in a fight. It’s better to wage it with you as Commander-in-Chief than to have you comply with a fraudulent election, leave office, and leave the White House in the hands of illegitimate usurpers and Chinese puppets. Please don’t do it. Do NOT concede, and do NOT wait until January 20, 2021. Strike now.”
    Stewart Rhodes, “Open letter to President Trump: You Must Use Insurrection Act to ‘Stop the Steal’ and Defeat the Coup,” on the Oath Keepers website, Dec. 14, 2020

The group has ties to other antigovernment extremist groups, including former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, the founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA). Mack is a founding member on the Oath Keepers board of directors.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/oath-keepers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.