Donald Trump's cheque for slain soldier's family 'sent' after family questions whereabouts

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Donald Trump's cheque for slain soldier's family 'sent' after family questions whereabouts.

The cheque has been sent. That is the message from the White House today after the father of a slain US Army sergeant said a generous offer from President Donald Trump had not materialised.
    Key points:

Chris Baldridge told The Washington Post that Mr Trump offered his family $US25,000 after the death of his 22-year-old son at the hands of an Afghan police officer in June.
    "He said, 'I'm going to write you a cheque out of my personal account for $25,000', and I was just floored," Mr Baldridge said.
    "I could not believe he was saying that, and I wish I had it recorded because the man did say this.
    "He said, 'No other president has ever done something like this', but he said, 'I'm going to do it'."
    But Mr Bainbridge told the newspaper the money never arrived, only a condolence letter.
    "I opened it up and read it, and I was hoping to see a cheque in there, to be honest," the father said.

My take..................

I'm Donald "the cheque's in the mail" Trump.

Sounds about right don't you think?

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.