DOU 0.00% 0.4¢ douugh limited

Douugh (ASX:DOU): The best thing since sliced bread?, page-13

1. 1,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    @dont listen to me
    Regarding: "How are they different from any bank, or neobank? Has he explained what they offer that other banks don't? I don't see it."

Well this particular point I actually agree with you 100%.
    Yeah, Douugh isn't different enough to any Neobank that it deserves to put into its own category.

I still think it deserves to be called a Neobank like Chime, or MoneyLion or any of the others. I read briefly though that PDF you mentioned and read this part:
    "This means that words and expressions such as ‘investment bank’ and ‘neobank’ are restricted"

Yeah, so technically a "neobank" (to use the term in its more worldly usage) operating in Australia can't call themself a neobank. But in this case Douugh is operating in the US. So it's a bit unclear if this is really incorrect. And if it was incorrect I would suspect action would've been taken on this already.

Revolut (Aus) and Up are also what the average person would classify as neobank, yet according to this they couldn't legally be called a neobank in Australia either (as they don't have a license from APRA).

Note I'm not actually investing money into Douugh at the moment. You will notice my sentiment is none and position is none. It's just something about these articles kind of feel like they're trying to weave a specific narrative which is exaggerated and missing out key information. And this ends up going against any of the valid points they do bring up!

Last edited by ElectroCloud: 10/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.328M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $1.017K 254.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 9925159 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 8352780 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.31pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ 1505405
Last updated 15.32pm 26/04/2024 ?
DOU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.