BIT 3.51% 5.5¢ biotron limited

Replying to Batmansdaughter and OthersI look forward to your...

1. 1,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Replying to Batmansdaughter and Others

I look forward to your posts BMD and have thought about the last two as well as what Dr MM actually said in that interview with Tim Boreham (who would have to be the most appropriately named person in the business!). eob18 posted some detail from the recent patent application that adds to what Dr MM was saying:

Coronaviruses infect humans and animals and it is thought that there could be a coronavirus that infects every animal. The two human coronaviruses, 229E and OC43, are known to be the major causes of the common cold and can occasionally cause pneumonia in older adults.

It is believed that SARS will not be eradicated, but will cause seasonal epidemics like the cold or influenza viruses.

To improve the prospect of treating and preventing viral infections, there is an on-going need to identify molecules capable of inhibiting various aspects of the viral life cycle.

The SARS virus encodes an E protein which is shown for the first time to act as an ion channel. As similar E proteins are present in other coronaviruses, the compounds, compositions and methods of the present invention would have utility in the inhibition and/or treatment of infections by other coronaviruses.

Viroporins are a protein that all coronaviruses have in common and BIT have compounds that can disrupt their ability to replicate. Its all these shared characteristics that inform BIT's Pan Respiratory Program which DR MM hopes will result in the company having drugs that exhibit a broad range of activity ready and waiting. Developing a bespoke drug to combat a particular virus isn't practical it would take far too long; by which time the virus would have disappeared.

SO .... and this is the bit I can't progress on ...... doesn't all this mean that a drug to address (the range of coronaviruses causing) the common cold would be the result of their research? Wouldn't this be the most useful and welcomed drug therapy the world has seen since aspirin and penicillin?

I do hope BMD and others may be able to comment.

Have a happy weekend all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.002(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $49.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.5¢ $48.93K 874.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40549 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 126191 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.5¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 3.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.5¢ 262949
Last updated 15.32pm 17/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.