Hi folks (and Dooley), Seems like some are finding it tough now....

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi folks (and Dooley),

Seems like some are finding it tough now. Been the same for me until very recently.

At the start of this week, I was down quite a bit on average. Last two days have seen a turn-around. Now have 3 in profit; 2 down a bit and 2 at cost in the 7 stocks I hold in my SMSF. Still down a bit, but not by a lot.
    Doesn't mean much, though. Could all change tomorrow once again. I would be lying if I said it wasn't concerning on Monday when my SMSF portfolio was down about 15%, but the good news - if there was any - was that I was prepared for this. I had spent some months going through scenarios in my head and making some contingency plans. So, it kinda sucked, but it wasn't a shock. I didn't blindly react and make decisions based on emotions. I stuck to my plan (however flawed that might be).
    We'll see how this experiment of mine pans out. I have a 2 year timeframe; I will be benchmarking my performance against two professional fund managers who have the rest of our super; we have knowingly gone into a high risk/reward setup.

The psychology of trading interests me more than anything else. I'm keeping a diary. Might be worth a read in 2 years or so.

All the very best folks. This ain't easy, regardless of your timeframe. Onwards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.