I think it's good to have an occasional (honest) recap of how...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    I think it's good to have an occasional (honest) recap of how we're doing every now and again.
    It does seem to me that many of the specs have been suffering over recent weeks.
    I have no theories, just an observation based on the 50 or so specs I follow every day and some of the posts here.
    @67shelby - I suspect that *our* anger *might* have something to do with our *mature* age (note how carefully I constructed that sentence - smart, eh?). Personally, I can well imagine myself withdrawing more and more from a First World which I increasingly find to be morally bankrupt. I also notice I am increasingly sounding like my parents (the horror, the horror).
    @nihilism - yep, I wasn't terribly good at DTing either, especially since this wasn't play money for me, but I needed the bucks to help pay the bills. Nope, ST/MT is the go for moi. Important to have that self-realization, I reckon.
    @SelmaBouvier - love the positive vibe as well, although as we know, the peeps here change all the time. Even though I don't follow the thread closely anymore, there are clearly some lovely newish posters here who add a lot of value - lovely to see!

My SMSF is currently down about 4%, which includes 2 profitable recent trades. No new buys for me (although I am taking part in an IPO soon). I will now sit on my hands and wait (with stops in place). I spent a few months towards the end of last year getting my head into the right space (being patient, waiting for entry prices, not chasing runners etc). I must stick to my plan, otherwise I'll never know if it works or not. All part of the learning, I guess

Chicago, 1948. Quite a few parents on this thread. Can we even begin to imagine the story behind this photo? This is just 9 years before I was born.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.