Not all Public servants work at Centrelink. Plenty of surplus...

1. 18,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    Not all Public servants work at Centrelink. Plenty of surplus ones filling in the day making red tape and hoops to jump over for business and industry. You could start on our local council. I was a shire councilor fifty years ago where one person was the building inspector, a meat inspector, the health officer and the planning officer. He shared a secretary with the engineer. Total staff one and a half. The Shire now has about thirty people doing the same job.

I have a DA in for a pool. Six months and the DA has not been processed. I have been told there is an eight month backlog with DAs. It doesn't stop there. I can't lodge it myself. It has to be lodged by an engineer. More cost. That's only a part of the story.

Last week I had a visit from TWO town planners to tell me that I was operating a plant nursery business in a residential area and I had to stop. I used to have a nursery, now I just propagate a few plants at home. I'd be lucky to get two customers a week. I also have a DA lodged with the council that has not yet been processed after 6 months.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.