Ebola flies in to 21 million Lagos, page-4

1. 81,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    afternoon all,

imo with this latest scare, I think the world should be on tender hooks for the next 3 weeks or so. The poor guy who died in Nigeria boarded in Liberia and changed planes in Togo --------- that's international airports at each end I guess.

Those same international airports fly to Paris.

The poor bloke was vomiting and had diarrhoea by the time he landed - ebola appears to live outside the body for at least 3 or 4 days and more. In other words, you don't just get it from direct contact with the victim, you can get it by touching most bodily fluid residue whilst infected. How many toilets did he visit? How many doorhandles did he touch? How many people did he directly contact? How many others used the lunch tray?

Authorities 'think' it should be contained. OMG, 'think',

Airports and aircraft as far as I can see are basically like one big Petri dish. Now, maybe I am unduly alarmed here, but we are talking about aircraft that cross between nations and we are talking about that this has never happened before that I know of.

But, we are talking about a virus here that you need very little exposure to. My god, he has been on two planes that at least one of which probably did at least one trip after he was on it and people in two airports who were with him when he was infectious - let alone when he got to the destination and then died.

This is a stock forum. I will say one thing - if we get 'one' case of this thing in Paris or some other nation that connected - prepare yourselves for the stock crash of the decade or more. If, and I hope it never, but, if it has made it's way out to a European hub - we are in deep deep doo doo. We have up to 21 days to find out - and just imagine what can happen in those first 3 or 4 days where that virus is still infectious and then what will transpire to stop the virus wherever new case(s) pop up.

imo, we should all have our fingers well and truly crossed.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.