Not ashamed to admit I have suffered in the past from the...

1. 5,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    Not ashamed to admit I have suffered in the past from the dreaded black dog. It's a good thing cacao that you have spoken about it, even better so many people here have supported you in a non judgemental way. As a bloke it's hard to admit something isn't working. We just want it fixed. Mate, depression can be fixed as is fixed, see it like diabetes or any other disease . The drug you are can take up to 3 to 6 weeks to kick in, takes a bit of time for the serotonin to build up in your brain.

In that time you it's good to keep busy, if you can join a swimming group or walking group, anything, just reach out and people will help. Don't be afraid to make a few appointments with a counsellor through your GP, you can get up to 6 referrals for free I think.

I chuck out the alcohol if I feel any hint of depression, it's actually not helpful, join a dance group and let a women fuss over you on the dance floor. Eat well and hang in there , give yourself a little job everyday and a little reward each day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.