GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gungadin Excellent posts on the EU thanks for that!! Would...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Gungadin

Excellent posts on the EU thanks for that!!
    Would appreciate more of the same!!

I have been reading about the Deutsche Bank being insolvent for about a year now and have been waiting for its bailout to happen but apparently like the U.S. banks they are keeping very quite as to how they continue to operate. U.S. banks like JPM, CITI, G.S. and a couple of others are very closely aligned to the U.S. Fed and have been seen by a lot of people as just another arm of the Fed. I am not surprised to see these banks doing well with all the QE they have been stuffed with.

The Texas Ratio sounds like a good indicator, and after all that is how banks rate business and individuals.
    If your debt exceeds your ability to pay ie your cash and equity then you are pretty much screwed especially in a shrinking economy like the EU.

I think the EU bank will be much like the New Cyprus Bank they bought into being when the Cyprus Bank collapsed. The new EU CB will take the profitable side of the collapsing EU banks and leave the bankrupt and bad debt part of the EU banks thereby allowing all the other banks to collapse and steal everybodies money and all the while protecting those assets that have a chance of survival. Just like Cyprus and after all Cyprus was the test case.

Australian Bail In
    With the IMF proposed Bail In for Australia there has been talk of a cross border provision and although there is not a lot of info on what this means exactly the name gives me nightmares. I would think that would mean that Australian Banks could well be ransacked by foreign banks belonging to the same parent corporation.

The only bright light here is that 20 years ago you would have to be a bank insider to find these things out. Thanks to the internet we all know a lot more about the filthy dealings of banks. Forewarned is forearmed.

Any way Id like to continue this conversation but I will get moderated and some posters will get upset because they think this topic is not directly related to Gold. Im off have to go and do some work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.