...Juan Carlos Zuleta is a lithium guy, and he is a lithium bull...

1. 20,898 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1968
    ...Juan Carlos Zuleta is a lithium guy, and he is a lithium bull but he sees Tesla going the way of Robotaxi as being negative for lithium.
    ...Because Tesla would no longer be producing as many EVs, or a better way to say it is that it would not need to produce as many. Because the vision is one where ordinary folks progress from being car owners to being pay-for-service car occupiers. It can reduce demand for EV ownership by a considerable %.
    ....Now we must remember that Elon Musk is the Godfather of EVs, Tesla is synonymous with EVs, EVs would not be the same without Tesla, even with BYD. Because Tesla inspired a following. And we can credit Elon for what he built (I recognise that even I am not a fan of his).
    ....if Tesla were to drop off and pursue Robotaxi, EV growth in US and around the world would likely suffer quite considerably. And consequently, lithium growth could become collateral damage.
    ....but Elon is an entrepreneur and he is not married to any notion; he himself contends that Tesla is not a car company but a tech company. So perhaps he would drop his car badge in pursuit of a more visionary dream of creating paradigm shifting realities.

-------------
    Although I must admit the framework seems quite plausible, I'm curious as to whom will assume responsibility in case of an accident or a traffic congestion generated by the robotaxi. Also, the scheme asumes that the permitting will move smoothly when this might not be the case.
    https://x.com/jczuleta/status/1781364925945844148

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.