"Oilburner, Jesus is not the only one Jehovah's Witnesses...

1. 1,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    "Oilburner, Jesus is not the only one Jehovah's Witnesses believe to be a god & not God. We base our belief on the Scriptures, not man made traditions & philosophies."

Mr Gordon, I worked with a JW for 30 years and got to understand the JW’s doctrines very well. He was with them for quite a few years until he was excommunicated for questioning the use of a significant amount of funds by the head office in the USA quite some time ago. He was forced to move out of his house and relocate to another suburb to get away from the harassment.
    I also had discussions with the elders of a “kingdom hall” after one of their “missionaries” could not answer questions about his “righteousness before God” that I put to him. Neither could they for that matter.
    Now this work mate often claimed that Jesus was the archangel Michael and He was not God but as you say “a god”. How he arrived at this through Scripture I do not know. Nowhere does it show that Jesus was the archangel Michael, indeed it shows the opposite in Revelation 17:14
    "These will wage war against the Lamb (Christ), and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."
    Again where Michael would not rebuke Satan as he did not have the authority but said “the Lord rebuke thee….” Whereas after the temptation, Jesus said to Satan "Go, Satan! For it is written, “You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'" (Mat 4:10) He clearly demonstrated the He had authority over Satan.

However Hebrews 1:5-6 puts it into perspective. For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again” I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”? And again, when God brings his first born into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”

Pretty much his understanding was a constructed argument from the Watchtower, similar to what you have written.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.