Expectations, page-25

1. 11,875 Posts.
    manifestation', which means a display ,appearance, phenomenon or revelation
    ------------
    Ababab, it is great to see your anticipation of what is to come is based squarely on the inspired Scriptures. Exactly what form it takes remains to be seen but visible celestial phenomena of some sort is possible. Compare Mt 24:29-31; Isa 13:9-11;Joel 2:1,30,31.
      The effect indicates it is something extraordinary:
    (Luke 21:25,26) “Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    There is however no way any human could see Jesus literally. Think of the effect that a " light from heaven" had on Paul.
    (Acts 9:3, 4) Now as he was traveling and getting near Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him,  and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”
    He described the light as " beyond the brilliance of the sun" - Acts 26:13.
    He later needed his eye sight restored. I can only repeated what I said before as to why he cannot be seen by human eyes:
    Jesus is a spirit person “who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see.”-1 Timothy 6:16
    So Paul did not se him, only a brilliant light, no doubt emanating from him.
      It is with this in mind that Hebrews 9:28 needs to be understood.
    (Hebrews 9:28) so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin, and he will be seen by those earnestly looking for him for their salvation.
    This would include those hoping to live on earth also, but not unbelievers.
    When Jesus told his disciple Philip: “He that has seen me has seen the Father also” (Joh 14:9), and when the apostle John said: “He that does bad has not seen God” (3Jo 11), obviously they were speaking of seeing God, not with one’s physical eyes, but with what the apostle Paul described as ‘the eyes of the heart.’ (Eph 1:18)
      So Jesus' presence has been seen by many through the eyes of faith, the manifestation of his presence will be undeniable. - Rev 1:7.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.