they believe Jesus is "a"god and not God --------- Oilburner,...

1. 11,872 Posts.
    they believe Jesus is "a"god and not God
       ---------
       Oilburner, Jesus is not the only one Jehovah's Witnesses believe to be a god & not God. We base our belief on the Scriptures, not man made traditions & philosophies.
    Satan is referred to as "the god of this system of things" in the Scriptures, while Jesus is referred to as the "image of God".
      (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
    Traditional concepts of Satan as an elf like creature with horns that oversees some place of fiery torment of the souls of the dead is a long way from Bible truth.
    He is a mighty spirit creature that offered Jesus authority over all the kingdoms of this world in exchange for Jesus' worship.
    (Luke 4:5-7) So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time.  Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.  If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”
      Can you see why is so exciting to realize Jesus has received this authority from Jehovah & not Satan!
    (Revelation 12:10) I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!
      Satan, the accuser knows his time left is short & is enraged.
    (Revelation 12:12) On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”
       There are in fact many other gods, according to the Scriptures.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”
    The stand Jehovah's Witnesses take is:
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
      We accept Jesus as being authorized to sanctify Jehovah's name, then rip earth's kingdoms from Satan's control and bring God's will to the earth.
    (Matthew 6:9, 10) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.  Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.
       But 1st people must be put on notice.
    (Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.