Fake tradie says stick with the Libs.

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Liberal Party's 'fake tradie' advertisement comes under fire on social media

Jessica Haynes
    Posted 9 minutes agoMon 20 Jun 2016, 11:36am
    Photo: The man featured on the Liberal Party's new campaign advertisement. (Liberal Party)
    Related Story: Liberals run first negative TV commercial ahead of ad 'tsunami'
    Related Story: Labor launches multi-lingual ads in fight for marginal seats
    Related Story: Election ad tracker: How much are the parties spending?

Map: Australia
    A new Liberal Party advertisement that features a tradesman defending big banks and negative gearing has come under fire on social media.
    The television advertisement, which went to air yesterday, features a man dressed in a high-visibility vest on a work site urging people to "stick with the current mob".
    "Let me get this right," he says in the ad. "Mr Shorten wants to go to war with my bank, he wants to go to war with miners.
    "Bill Shorten even wants to go to war with someone like me, who wants to get ahead with an investment property.
    "Well, I'll tell you what happens when you get a war going on the economy — people like me lose their jobs.
    "So I reckon we should just see it through and stick with the current mob for a while."
    But it didn't take long before the Twittersphere erupted over the 30-second advertisement, with the hashtag #faketradie trending for most of Sunday night.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.