Farming, page-4

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Hi Cowcockie, nice to hear from you. Yes it is a little dry and hoping for rain after spreading nearly 30 tons of urea in the crops, and on the oats and forage barley for the cattle. Hopefully we will get some tomorrow or the Urea will be gone. But one has to take the gamble as that what farming is all about.

And yes the price took a major correction and, what our pollies are doing to stop that when they know that we are screwed on a daily basis by the abattoirs and the market player.?? NOTHING!!!
    Like watching the price of power going up by more than twenty percent in the last months alone and watching it all from their ivory towers while sipping a latte.

I heard the other day that the prices of meat in the Asian Countries aren't going down at all but moving up while we are getting less and less for our beef. So who is actually, making the money.?? I keep on saying that we as farmers should build our own abattoirs and export the meat ourselves and going our own ways, but I can't get any support.

Perhaps that quotation I Just put up to open this thread is straight to the point and correct. I know that I work so many hours that I don't even bother keeping a count on them. But I wouldn't have it any other ways.

Or, like the next poster is saying, both you and I are in the wrong game by staying in cattle. But I love my cattle and I will be, like the old saying......keep on keeping on.

Cheers mate and the best of luck.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.