@Joannie 'Supersex' isn't too bad, in fact, if the 'sex' were a...

1. 17,853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Joannie 'Supersex' isn't too bad, in fact, if the 'sex' were a bit more sparse, it would have qualified for a blockbuster IMO, it is so good, with a real dramatic background story, several in fact, which almost play out like Shakespearean drama.

In the film, which is based on a true person, the 'sex' is mostly 'staged and elaborate phantasy' (and it being Italian in super-style and super-choreographed - only one completely nude shot of the star who is an absolute Adonis) but I got fascinated with the story-line, the background, the initial poverty, the lopsided family the 'star' grew up in (5 males including father and just 'the mother' who was doted on, but long-suffering etc.) and the kind of relationships men have in Southern European countries with each other, too - (a bit like this in my country of origin, too! have a nephew who is very 'huggy' with everyone, male and female, but totally normal with it).
    But having watched those footballers as in the 'Beckham story', physical show of affection, seems to be part of any closer male friendship, which is rather nice.
    I do understand a fair bit of Italian, too, so that made it a bit more personal to me, above all, when the little boy was being teased by his older brother he kept protesting: 'basta, basta, basta'. I grew up with this word too, meaning: 'stop it'. Probably no longer in use, as English has usurped so much.
    and
    I have mentioned this before: I was in Italy (Rome) for almost a whole day, when I had to quickly visit my sick Mum and could only get a flight via Rome (and the rest by train Rome-Vienna), it was a Sunday, and it was 'the day' that Italy won the world cup in Soccer in 1982 - it was totally amazing to wander the streets, through the parks (I had a companion, still have his address somewhere, a local) and see people's excitement and then happiness at having 'won'. Strangers became like loved friends, there was cheering, hugging going on - it was noisy and amazing.
    If you have Netflix, please watch the Beckham story - it was astonished and exciting. I will never look down on any sport again, it could really be a proxy for not making war, "Play sports, not war"!!
    Need to do some work
    X
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.