@Lady Penny, could not reply, so a copy and paste here,...

1. 10,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    @Lady Penny, could not reply, so a copy and paste here, sorry.

This awful housing situation, will take many years to fix. I would not, if asked, encourage anyone to build or buy a land and home package. A bit like buying a new car, as soon as you drive it out of the showroom, the value drops, well normally. But in the last year there have been odd cases of secondhand cars being worth more than new ones? So many builders going into administration too.If I were young and trying to get ahead, I would buy a cheap rural block and put a donger or container on it and work from there.Pearls are the most beautiful things, even if fake. I still have shares in Atlas pearls, if only my mean (not really) husband had allowed me to blow more money, it would have been a great opportunity to top up in the last couple of weeks. But basically, the share market is so corrupt, that I am quickly losing interest in it.Many areas in Perth which were considered to be the last resort, way away from infrastructure and with dodgy reputations have gone crazily up in value, far more than the values which have been reported. It is just desperation.I love the idea of the small homes, where young couples can build or convert an old caravan into something really liveable and then trade around Australia, doing fruit picking etc, yeah it is hard work, but when you are young you should be up for this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.