A lady I know is building her 7th home. She has sold a few and...

1. 13,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    A lady I know is building her 7th home. She has sold a few and done very well. Understands the housing market way more than I do. Never gives up. She'll take a break if materials are too high or labour too high. Then she'll go ahead when things calm down. Her new place is starting to take shape.

We drove around early this morning and I noted some older style homes have been done up really well. Kept the old style verandahs and continued it to the garages or addons. Also noted quite a few for sale. They weren't there a month ago.

With shares it's better to read as much as you can in the way of books and research. I think at this time there's too much uncertainty in the world and that makes a nervous market. China put out better than expected economy figures but that's really hard to believe. I think until we get some signs of peace deals the market will continue to fray.

There was one share I watched and it couldn't get funding as costs were too high for the project and now it's on the radar again after a year. They must have come up with a way around the high costings.

I'm about to write to a friend in the US and ask how the housing market is there.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.