@NoBoDe - I notice you gave me a bunch of upticks!! TaI...

1. 18,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    @NoBoDe - I notice you gave me a bunch of upticks!! Ta
    I occasionally get hi=jacked by all the rubbish I click on on the internet, today, it was again an interesting scientific treatise from the late 19th century on how Aboriginal people lived, and I thought you might be interested, just in case said wildlife finds its way into your wilderness:

Australien und Nachbarschaft. - Australia and neighbouring countries:

this must be Western Australia, as they talk about the Rockingham Bay area:

275 earth 'dug-outs' belonged to the tribe communally. There were markets of exchange for clay and skins at Augusta (Aroona). Red Earth (an essential for the mourning rituals) was picked up from the Hayward range, the tribe, which 'owned the hallowed earth' usually gave permission for travellers to come and pick up the earth, but their numberd were restricted to no more than 2 and they were only allowed to stay a certain number of days.
    Lots more like this, indicating that our Aboriginal people, along with all Aboriginal tribes around the world already had complex ways of dealing with each other and the environment in which they found themselves.
    The food is particularly interesting:

Native Australians eat lizards, seals, kangaroo, wild dog, wild fowl, possums, turtles, frogs, river and ocean mussles/cockles, they eat all kinds of larvae,wood bugs, birds eggs, mice rats, snakes, roots, orchids, ferns, mushrooms, banksia flowers (rich in honey, fruit and nuts of the Zamia palm, which they rid of its poison by soaking it in water, wild yams, all kinds of roots and they have a special trick for finding honey; they catch a honey bee and then stick a tiny fluffy feather to its body, which slows down its flight and then follow it to hits hive.
    I was wondering if you (or anyone interested in the matter!!) would like to start a thread about our Aboriginal people, or maybe 'the living habits of our forebears' - ? I think we would get some interest and maybe get some interesting information?

Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.