"I couldn't give a hoot, re the trinity aspect." That's hard to...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "I couldn't give a hoot, re the trinity aspect."

That's hard to believe wotsup as your thing about the Lord vs Yehowah and why else would you insist on the 3 men being separate from Yehowah.

"Re the legal standing = I totally refuse to take part in adding anything that is not CLEARLY there.
    If you don't use that rule, where does it Stop? "

It's not a matter of where does it stop but a matter of understanding what the author(s) are saying in the telling of this story.
    It's not a legal document it's a story.

"No, the scripturas clearly support, 3 men (men) went to Sodom and we SEE no further mention of them and that is a fact, truth.
    Absolutely ZERO to even think, that magically 3 men become 2 angels or 2 men become 2 angels, never mind saying such and NO scriptures to support this notion."

The scriptures do not say 3 men went to Sodom and we DO see further mention of them when they arrive at Sodom.
    These "men" routinely are described as both men who eat food and interact physically and also angels. That's how they are often depicted in such stories.

Some scripture to ponder.
    NIV translation.

3 He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servant by. 4 Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. 5 Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”
    “Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”
    "

Abraham offers food, rest and water for foot washing to all including Yehowah. Why would he do that if Yehowah was not in the form of a man ?

These men of course are not ordinary men.
    In your version they serve no purpose and needn't be in the story at all whereas clearly they are the angels which will be sent by Yehowah to warn Lot and destroy Sodom and the plains cities.

"6 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. 17 Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.[c] 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”
    20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”
    22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[
    "

Here Yehowah is discussing with the men about his plans for Sodom and G and whether to tell Abraham.
    The men then set off for Sodom .. it does not say three men set off.

The following scripture without verse and ch numbers which are not part of the originals, clearly shows the two "men" arrive in Sodom that evening.
    The story narrator doesn't say whether Lot recognises them as angels but the crowd definitely sees them as men and Lot doesn't point out they are actually angels.

"Then he (Abraham) said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”
    He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”
    When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
    “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”
    "

So, the "men" don't set off for Sodom and then just disappear.
    Why would the story specifically say they set off for Sodom after discussing it with Yehowah, if they then just disappear from the story ? That doesn't make sense in any way.

I expect you will cling to your version because that's what wotsup does and because you don't understand the OT Bible consists of stories and cultural history with many things already understood by it's original readers.
    Definitely not intended as a legal document to be dissected and poured over in a different language and belief system 3000 yrs later.
    Doing that can lead to obsession and even madness.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.