I have looked at multiple translations of these chapters and...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    I have looked at multiple translations of these chapters and what they are saying is more or less the same.
    There is no question that 3 "men" appeared, one of them being Yehowah himself and were offered food, rest and water for feet by Abraham.

BTW I see nothing that says Yehowah was in the tent as you claim since the Sarah dialogue is when she is standing at the entrance to the tent which is behind Yehowah.
    Unless you are going to add that he slipped into the tent then turned his back on Sarah then addressed Abraham who was outside the tent under the trees. Of course you won't do that because it would be adding what isn't in the scriptures.

Later, Yehowah discussed with his companions whether to tell Abraham of his plans for Sodom.
    Those 2 companions then set off for Sodom and arrived in the evening. There is no break in the story and to insist that 3 different men set off for Sodom then just disappeared while 2 new angels arrived in Sodom shortly thereafter is an example that it is you that has added to the story.

So, please provide me with the official wotsupian translation of ch 18 because any attempt on my part would be useless and dismissed by you if you didn't agree.

Over the years you have become too concerned with words without appreciating that the words are there only to convey meaning.

You have invented your own rules of how the Bible must be understood. These are your rules .. unless you can quote the Biblical verses that instruct ...

Only what wotsup deems is in the Bible can be used to interpret the Bible.

If a translation includes something that wotsup doesn't agree with then alternate meanings for certain words must be found by consulting the interlinear. (BTW what is so special about the Interlinear ?)

Nothing must be added, if it isn't "clearly" already explicitly said.

If something has been said then that must stand until explicitly re-said.

Anyone who has a different view must be labelled, Satanic influenced, blind, filled with the wrong set seeds etc.

etc etc

--------------------------

When reading a story one must take into account the context, the style, the intent and the many aspects of written language and culture used to convey that story.
    When translating from a different time, culture and language it is even more important to try to understand what the author is trying to convey. This can lead to bias and corruption but not with something as simple as this with so many similar translations.

A professional translator does not try to render a literal word for word translation which in many cases just produces illegible gobledy gook.
    This is not adding things. It is an attempt to convey the intended meaning of what was written.

All this reinforces that Sola Scriptura is a complete nonsense and doomed to produce nothing but confusion and division.
    Of course nowhere does the Bible endorse or insist on Sola Scriptura.

Look forward to your official certified translation, though I will probably need your further help to understand it !
    Just a simple translation without strikethroughs etc.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.