Hopefully all this will be clearer once you post your...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    Hopefully all this will be clearer once you post your translation of Ch 18. In the meantime ..

"Rubbish, the VERY words of the Bible say, Yehowah appeared and ALSO 3 men came or appeared = it's as simple as that, you ARE adding what is NOT there."

Please quote the verse that says the 3 men "ALSO" appeared because it says no such thing.
    The opening sentence flags this as a story about another encounter by Abraham with Yehowah. This time in the form of a man.

Re verse 3 then verse 4. Please show where it says Abe was addressing Yehowah in 3 then in 4 specifically starts addressing only the 3 separate men. It doesn't say that which is something you have added.

Re Yehowah in the tent you wrote in a previous post ..

"Too bad if it does not make sense to you, the CLEAR fact is, the Bible shows NO link between the 3 men and the 2 angels, latter referred to as 2 men.
    You it would seem have IGNORED, that while the 3 men were sitting under the tree, Yehowah was speaking in the Tent = 3 + 1 = 4."
    So, you got that wrong.
    Now you try to dismiss your error by saying it doesn't matter. It matters because you got it wrong.
    Don't you wonder what else you might have wrong ?

You seem somehow hung up on the 3 into 2 as if some magic is required.
    It's simple if you read and understand what is written.

Yehowah and his 2 companions (the 3 "men") prepare to leave for Sodom with Yehowah intending to accompany them to see for himself the situation. (Not sure why an omniscient God who supposedly knows every hair on everyone's head would need to do that ... do you ?)
    Abraham then stands in the way of Yehowah and begins to intercede for the innocent Sodomites. The remaining 2 continue on to Sodom where they arrive that evening.

Nothing strange and nothing added to the story.

"Do you want me to dig up one of your post re this Gen 18 matter, where it was YOU that effectively set this rule???????????"
    Yes, please do it would be interesting. Mind you if I did set that rule then it would be OK for you to use it !

"The moment you start adding words for translation and messing with their Order of words, is the very moment you change the context and meanings.
    Why they just simply didn't translate word for word is beyond me.
    " illegible gobledy gook." = Absolute rubbish, I have Zero problems whatsoever, it becomes as clear as a bell."

What can I say.
    Over the last 8 or so years you have made great efforts to improve your grasp of English and sincerley dabble in something you simply don't have the knowledge or experience to undertake.
    Translating a foreign language particularly an ancient form of Greek requires enormous skill and knowledge both of the Greek and English.
    Have you ever translated Latin, French, German etc ? In many cases there is no corresponding English word and the word order in English is not right when rendered literally. The translator also has to look out for when a particular expression is used that might have a different meaning than the individual words convey.

You don't understand "Why they just simply didn't translate word for word is beyond me.", simply because you are not an experienced translator of Greek, Hebrew or even English. Simple as that.

As for your 30,000

"OK then smarty, answer the following, as no one else will or can.
    After Jesus, there is No question about it, that both the Father and the Son would be our teaches, all that Jesus had (his word) would be shown to us, including translation, so HOW on earth with that in mind, can you have something like 30,000 different Christian faiths = impossible if they are truly of God and Jesus."

The 30,000 is an exaggeration as most of them have more or less identical theology and are the product of individuals who see themselves as specially chosen to reveal the light. Not unlike wotsup.

The main reason is because your belief "After Jesus, there is No question about it, that both the Father and the Son would be our teaches, all that Jesus had (his word) would be shown to us, including translation, " is simply and plainly NOT true.
    No matter what you think it says in the Bible.

I'll leave you to worry and argue with others about John. It clearly was written for a different purpose than the other Gospels and most likely to address specific problems between early followers about the nature of Jesus.

It will never make sense unless you understand the attempt in John to proclaim and emphasise the divinity of Jesus and the difference between the incarnate Jesus and his "overself" (some call the Christ).
    Good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.