Really felt the need to vent as I know for a fact there are many...

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Really felt the need to vent as I know for a fact there are many people out there claiming these payments who are not entitled to them. I'm just as angry with the incompetent government who make it so easy for them to do so.

" oh just tick the box that says you have mould in your house and the $ 1000 goes straight into your account that day".

I know for a fact that people are claiming this money who havnt incured any flood damage, who don't even live in a flood effected area, who dont even own their home and are renting.

I actually rang the fraud line regarding government/social welfare payments and was told unless I gave them a name, they could not follow it up. As much as this pisses me off, I'm not going to dob in family or friends.

This country seems to penalise those who work their guts out all their life by taxing and charging us to death, yet rewards those who are fully able to work yet choose not to by playing the victim or because they have the slightest minuscule amount of aboriginal blood in their family line.

Surely when it comes to these hand outs, the government could tighten up the system so payments go to the real flood victims and not to those who don't work for it, earn it or deserve it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.