sorry syp but I have to side with Peace on this one. There is a...

1. 17,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    sorry syp but I have to side with Peace on this one. There is a lot to consider. Packing heat is one thing but professionally neutralizing a hostage situation with minimum collateral damage is quite another. For starters would a young hot head with a pistol under his coat be worrying about his fellow hostages or would his main priority be just to get himself out of there and screw the collateral damage?? Even the fact that the hostage taker thought that a hostage may be concealing a weapon could make him a whole lot more nervous and trigger happy. Someone could get shot just for reaching inside their shirt to scratch themselves. I think these situations are best left to the well trained experts.

I also believe that after so many mass shootings in the US that government there also believes that they would be better off with a disarmed population. They would be pretty stupid if they have compared gun death per capita in the US versus places like Australia and Canada and then not have come to that conclusion. The decision to leave things as they are is a political one. The gun toting rednecks in the US have the power to swing any election one way or the other. You would need the Democrats and the Republicans to agree to a bipartisan stance on this and that ain't gunna happen anytime soon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.