Interesting find there TwoHands, I've checked out the site & the...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Interesting find there TwoHands, I've checked out the site & the AI aspect certainly sounds intriguing. I'll have to take some time to read some more.

Hi there GenY, EA Labs doesn't make backtesting any easier in my experience (unless I'm not doing it right). The EA Labs platform doesn't have an internal backtester - the EA generated still needs to be copied to MT4 & compiled and tested on MT4, o the data issue is still there. To cut down on backtesting time, what I have been doing is using the "Open prices only" option to test the EAs for bugs and that it executes instructions the way its supposed to. Until the EA works right this is where I spend most of my time. Once I have got an EA working right and done some basic optimisation then I switch to the "Every tick" testing option which is much slower.

The EA Labs platform is sold on a subscription basis and yes I think its $69/month. Tradeview promise unlimited support and I have to say I have tested that promise over the last few months while I've been learning it and I can say I am pretty happy with the responsiveness and level of help. They also do a weekly tutorial video on a range of subjects designed to help the beginner learn to program EA's, including the basic design of a whole range of EA strategies. Those videos also provide a lot of ideas particularly on aspects of money management to include in the EA's - its certainly been very interesting to see those strategies to see how they think about EA design (I'm starting to sound like an ad for them, but I will disclose I have no connection to them other than being an EA Labs customer/subscriber).

I hope the above has been helpful.

Cheers, Sharks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.