Forex trading 2019 TA/FA setups and discussion, page-367

1. 2,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Spread doesn’t become a factor unless your’e trading for micro trades like I was a couple of weeks ago. That’s was for some tests I was running. On those trades which were between 3-6 pips, I could only trade a few pairs like EU / GU / EA / UJ.  Yes, here I do need to use those NO spread brokers but as I was running some tests there was no point.
    That is the main reason traders head over to Futures.

But on normal M1 trades, I am gunning for 10-30 pips or more and honestly, it’s not a major issue. I feel that pepperstone and IC Markets rates a good enough.
    I am more worried about my broker instantly opening or closing my orders on the exact spot.
    I also use FXCM but at times but they love to reject trades at the wrong time - very costly.
    I think we should be more concerned about our level of skill in executing these trades correcting, 1 extra pip loss is not much at the end of the day. One of by favourite pairs is of course the Beast.  Spread is about 2 pips at each end but on a good run with 3 trades, you can win 150 pips in that hour. Now take the lame duck USDJPY,. It has a very low spread cost but it just moves no where. It’s M1 swings are often only 8 pips compared to the Beasts 25 pip swings. Therefore the pair you trade has a bigger impact that the spread cost.  I know perhaps 3 or 4 full time traders who trade mainly the 5 or 1 minute charts. They tell me they are only worry about their brokers execution speed.
    Therefore I suggest you see if your broker is closing positions with accuracy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.