"I do think "or state of the universe" is not necessary....

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "I do think "or state of the universe" is not necessary. "ndependently of any prior event" is sufficient I think. But I just quoted the whole sentence."

The whole definition is useless as nothing in this Universe is independent of any prior event nor independent of the state of the Universe.
    Why you would support such a formulation is beyond me.

"That is why I still call free will as delusion. If you think that is wrong, please explain to me why."

English can be a difficult language even for those for whom it is their first language.
    DBT has given examples of both illusion and delusion and why he preferred illusion in the context of his original post.

So, in general an illusion is something that appears and is perceived as real but isn't, whereas a delusion is a belief that isn't true.
    Do you see the difference ?

Here is another example from your own world.

"By the way, what do you understand free will is? You refused to state what you mean by free will but you questioned wafflehead's attempt to describe what free will is. That is sneaky, Copper! You took an unfair advantage!"

Your perception that Copper "refused to state what you mean by free will" and was "sneaky" in his exchanges with Waffle
    is an illusion most likely caused by your failure to actually read and digest the contents of the posts involved, your limitation from viewing the world in terms of black and white, yes or no, true or untrue and your attitude to Copper.

If after reviewing the Waffle/Copper exchange you were to continue to believe in your above assertion, then that would be considered delusional.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.