LYC 3.47% $6.67 lynas rare earths limited

Gang of Three..., page-44

1. 1,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1912
    Hi cj, I agree these are challenging times, the gang of three is probably not going away and their continued harassment could result in continued interrupted production time. The problem is that reality in Malaysia is based on hysteria rather than law or reason. Fuziah has achieved significant de facto power in this affair and she (along with Yeo and Wong) will do everything within their power to eliminate the Lynas presence in Malaysia...

I totally agree that all efforts should be made to remain in Malaysia, mechanically it makes sense. That said, it would appear that we are headed for more of the politically challenging times where it might be easier to accept the inevitable, politics in Malaysia is not going away...

The optics are very complicated for both Lynas and Malaysia. On the world scale, all eyes will be on Malaysia should an exit be negotiated. Lynas becomes the victim and Malaysia will be seen as the bully who probably doesn't want the image of kicking someone who is down...

I don't have the answers with regard to the waste any more than you do however a soft exit might make the waste problem might be easier to solve. Often when everyone has the same goal compromise seems to come easier... Either way a concerted effort to minimize the impact of waste processing and the actual exit would be beneficial to both parties...

IMO Lynas consists of four pillars, Mt. Weld, IP, Staff and Personnel and of course the LAMP. of all of these it is the LAMP that is the easiest to replace. I have complete confidence that Lynas will (and to use Yeo's favorite word) thrive in a progressive country seeking investments for the future...

It will be interesting, if Wong gets his way and Malaysia closes Lynas, it follows that the price of REs may soar. Soaring RE prices should make Mt. Weld even more valuable than it already is helping to mitigate the loss of the LAMP. It's entirely possible that even the announcement that Lynas is relocating will have a positive affect on the share price making it easier for capital raising...

Sure a Lynas exit will be a black eye for Malaysia and Fuziah may lose the next election given her penchant for hysteria, but none of that matters. Conceding a victory to the gang of three is small potatoes compared to the potential success of Lynas operating at full speed in a friendly environment. Bottom line?... It is important for Lynas to avoid entanglement in a battle it can't win and advance it's game without Malaysia... JMHO...

BTW, just think how bad things would be if the mine were also in Malaysia...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.67
Change
-0.240(3.47%)
Mkt cap ! $6.234B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.74 $6.77 $6.62 $47.96M 7.165M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 97163 $6.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.67 21971 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.65
  Change
-0.240 ( 3.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.73 $6.76 $6.62 951065
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.