Gay Joke, page-10

1. 17,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    guys I am going to close this thread now. Everyone has made their point so I won't moderate but will just end it here. This is a tough one for mods. Life is tragedy and by definition comedy is tragedy with humour. Homosexuality, to the straight community, may at least seem foreign and to some it may even be a source of fear as it is human nature to fear what we don't understand. Through the ages this has lead to cultural and religious taboos and homosexuals have suffered greatly for their sexuality and thus we have the tragedy of life and it is little wonder that this tragedy, like all tragedy, is then viewed with humour. That said it must be remembered that this is an anonymous site and we do not know anyone's personal experiences and what issues have cut them deeply for whatever reason. Therefore perhaps we need to be a little sensitive if someone is offended. But then on the other hand everyone's life at some point has been touched by one tragedy or another so if we ban all jokes that involve tragedy we are in effect banning comedy and have become politically correct to the point of being non human. I don't know what the exact right answer is and the blue star next to my nick by no means makes me a wise man. I would certainly moderate anything that was outright hateful and nasty but other than that I just don't know. The best I can do is to urge everyone to be mindful of the sensitivities of others and be aware that they may possibly have some back story that we can never know.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.