KCN 0.32% $1.55 kingsgate consolidated limited.

I suggest you do your own research about the country risks...

1. 11,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    I suggest you do your own research about the country risks because people have their own agendas and perceptions about this matter.

Given the past history of the Chatree mine operating in Thailand is very high country risk, some of which have been mentioned above. The Thais can simply stonewall this company into extinction and the only thing KCN has going for it is its ongoing claim under TAFTA on which a decision by an Arbitration panel has not been announced because KCN and the Thai govt have agreed to an extention to 30 June 2024. Without this protection and given the debt (smallish) and low cash balance KCN would be at the mercy of whatever the Thais wanted to do to us.

If KCN we to give up its current claim under TAFTA then it would have to start all over again in a new costly and lenghty legal process to seek redress in the future. With little cash and possibly no cashflow that would now be a task to far beyond this management team as the operations are nolonger covered by country risk insurance (KCN got around $55mUSD in insurance payment that helped sustain KCN.

The compo deal that KCN has got so far is poor given what has happened - see past press releases for info.

Two expatriates died from dealing with the Thais - the MD got cancer and a senior employee (operations manager in Thailand) got a heart attack.

There is potential substaintial upside but also downside.

Watch out for the BS

GLA

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.55
Change
-0.005(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $399.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.56 $1.56 $1.52 $322.3K 208.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4885 $1.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.57 3565 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.54
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.56 $1.56 $1.53 15852
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.