VMT 4.00% 13.0¢ vmoto limited

In defence of Userxyz. To quote George Santayana ..”Those who...

1. 2,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    In defence of Userxyz.
    To quote George Santayana ..”Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”… hindsight as a learning tool does in fact have some value.

The grinch (me) is back. I’ve not checked in on VMT for at least 6 months. I can recall at least one if not more posting here and forecasting with certainty that the SP by the end of 2023 would be at least $1.00. Imagine my shock to see it languishing 0.15 cents. I have no idea what new debacle has befallen the company to deserve this.

VMT has never been about investing but more about speculation and thus a fertile hunting ground for the pumpers, dumpers and dodgy day traders, of which there have been many over the 17 years which I have watched this stock. Sure some folks did well but the majority of outsiders including me got themselves badly burned. The odds are most of you will get burned.

In between there have been a few genuine well meaning fan boys.. remember GottaLoveVMT? Hailed from Perth. Wherever has he gone? I counted myself as one once too because I knew the guy who started up Vmoto from Day One. Never mind my bets on VMT ended up costing me over $80K as the SP decimated due to one debacle after the other. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and hence I feel it’s my duty every six months or so to caution newbies to not repeat my mistake. History does repeat.

If you consider a plethora of “exciting” social media posts by unknown and anonymous faces that come and go as reason to place your bet then go for it. As for me, I’d rather substance over ether.

Despite the disparaging response from the Balance Sheet Whisperer, Userxyz has it right.

Did all those hours of analysis predict the collapse of the SP? They didn’t because there are too many invisible moving parts in this stock. No one but the insiders know, it’s always been this way from Day 1. Has any poster here actually visited the factory?

The top 20 shareholders list is interesting. One standout is the Munro Family Super Fund with 20 million shares. Unusual. Using your SMSF to bet on VMT is interesting. That and Charles controls a large proportion of the stock. Which brings me to succession planning. One thing is for certain. Charles Chen is an extremely intelligent and capable CEO, without him at the helm, VMoto would have gone down the gurgler years ago.

What happens when Charles retires? Enjoying the fruits of one’s labours is a natural progression, it can’t be too far into the future before Charles decides it’s time to ease off and enjoy his family. Where will Vmoto be?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $52.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $29.29K 229.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27110 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 298600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 4.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ 31731
Last updated 14.48pm 29/04/2024 ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.