RNU 4.76% 10.0¢ renascor resources limited

I agree. The headline is confusing but more so its a bigger...

1. 1,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2624

I agree. The headline is confusing but more so its a bigger messaging problem for the government.

I think the government’s brand message “Future Made in Australia’ is misleading and flawed. It implies we are going to be fully manufacturing here which is not what they intend to do. On the other hand, Danielle Wood is not being honest with her framing of the debate either.

Both need to define that mining is a single activity. Processing (downstreaming) to produce material with greater value is a different matter. Then, producing finished goods (made/making) is an additional thing altogether. It appears to me that the media lacks the stomach to talk about 'processing' or downstreaming especially because that is a large part of global supply-chain issues.

However, the productivity commissioner's real concern (and hidden agenda) is that they would like more control over how the funds are allocated. The bigger worry is that it will be allocated to the incorrect projects for political votes. This comment from the article:

The productivity commissioner also makes a powerful point about the need for independent oversight. "We need some kind of process for independent assessment otherwise we risk sort of a giant pork-barrelling scheme or lobbying dictating where these big pots of government money are going to go."

Most people, I believe, would concur with this. For better checks and balances on these "big pots of money" that the battery industry is likely to get in the May Budget, an independent advisory board is essential, even if we only talk about mining and the subsequent processing processes to produce the higher value material. If it went to the far end of town, I would be worried. For example, I think that the "Gina-backed project ARU" is dubious IMO. Is it based on her influence and will have serious flaws once it is operational?

That said, graphite is a clear winner. It has been targeted as one of the most likely materials to start a BOA-domino affect in the race to secure exChina supply. And RNU having the only advanced project in Australia the coming budget is looking very healthy for our space. The Siviour Graphite project is unquestionably relevant in any plan or scheme and will always see backing - it was backed when the Liberals when they were in power and it now has Labor love and would be backed by an independent advisory board also.

As Simon Moores, Benchmark Intelligence, states "Localising supply chains should really start with graphite.”

AIMO, DYOR GLTA(patient)H
    Last edited by Mallyrock: 25/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $254.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $132.5K 1.313M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 892440 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 1584251 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
10.3¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.89 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.3¢ 10.3¢ 10.0¢ 1904494
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.