PCL 0.00% 2.4¢ pancontinental energy nl

Great summary post of published data OldGeo. Well...

1. V10
    137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 522
    Great summary post of published data OldGeo. Well researched!

Methinks Woodside will suffer choice paralysis from selecting which of the number of the many plays present to drill. This is a good thing mind you.

If I was exploring this permit, but this comment is made without the benefit of any knowledge of what the 3D shows other than what PCL have presented, I would place one drill into the Albian-Aptian Saturn Super fan proper, coincident with a structural closure and intersect a "Cenomanian Bright" if maps out on the 3D as a major stratigraphic prospect.

Of course the Cenomanian channel sand/fan would be required to have up dip, down dip and lateral seal as the "Cenomanian Brights" appears analogous to the major oil bearing Mopane AVO-1 horizon. The Cenomanian sands being shallower in the sequence appear to have better porosity and permeability than the deeper Aptian-Albian sands at Graf and Venus as you would expect. This is apparently confirmed by GALP at the Mopane AVO-1 Cenomanian horizon. A possible, but perhaps not likely to be the drill location chosen, targeting the Cenomanian channel/fan sands and Saturn Aptian-Albian, is shown for an example, fwiw.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6178/6178890-9f86cd51c2fae6b08c62ed44f686db8b.jpg

The comment by PCL that 'prospectivity not restricted soley to Saturn' could be interpreted to mean that the "Cenomian Brights" outside and to the west of the Saturn Turbidite Complex that you show in your post and previous ones might also be a drill target.

Venus look-a like prospects to the west of the outer high I suspect will not be a drill target.

However, let's see what wiser and more informed heads than I, determine the future drill location/s with the benefit of the 3D and various AVO analysis.

And I agree that Woodside cannot walk away from this drilling opportunity!

The round of planned drilling activity for late 4Q 2024 by Chevron in PEL 90 and Rhino in PEL 85 will provide a background of activity in the offshore Orange Basin while Woodside gets it act together for drilling in 1Q 2025, according to Sintana.

And one would expect that as Sintana are in the Mopane discovery, that they might provide some input to the PEL 87 JV as to where might be the best spot to drill Saturn for a chance of success.

As I said above, all speculation on my part.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $194.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $122.1K 5.154M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 4416681 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 1237450 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ 1493287
Last updated 14.24pm 31/05/2024 ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.