Go nuclear, page-48

1. 42,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "There are a myriad of problems associated with so called renewables". ...... cheers pints, is there any human constructed thing that doesn't have some problems and legacy issues? this is what has started the new era of the Anthropocene. our plastics have now invaded every quiet corner of the planet, even to the bottom of the oceanic abysses and the very peak of the Himalayas. theres no far flung place that isn't now effected by climate change from the darkest tribal habitat of the Amazon to the deserts of the Horn of Africa, and to the ice loss in the polar regions.

nuclear energy is every bit as polluting as lithium mining and solar panels. even more energy intensive mining ergo nuclear too has carbon emissions. and the disposal of nuclear waste is becoming a very important waste disposal problem that no nation seems willing to address.

"I am simply advocating for a current responsible enquiry into the practicality of nuclear power for Australia". ...... my reading of the CSIRO report has set the table for that discussion. the debate needs to be had and there are always benefits to match the cost of such tech. if the debate isn't had in the new year, I expect it'll become an election issue in '25.

interestingly when I was reading the Rolls Royce site yesterday they claimed there is an MOU with Australia. I hadn't heard this before. I wonder who signed an MOU with RR SMR? and why didn't they announce it?

as I've said, I'm pretty certain nuclear will eventually become part of our grid.

anyway pints old chum, happy holidays and may your god bless you and your family with health and prosperity. namaste and spare a thought for Shakespeare in your family day celebrations. he gave Aus much more than our broader British heritage.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.