I'm an Aussie dear -------------- it's that simple I understand...

1. 82,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I'm an Aussie dear -------------- it's that simple I understand that simpletons don't like being told truths etc - and use the fact that I currently travel in France as a weapon - would they consider Benjamin Franklin to have not been American when he lived OS and travelled? ------------- or does this rule only apply to Pinto??

''People couldn't put him in a box, at least not for long....
    He spent a third of his life abroad, living in London and Paris and visiting Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, the Netherlands and – for three glorious days – the Portuguese island of Madeira. The region's wine was one of those small pleasures that Franklin cherished; amass enough of these, he believed, and the result was outsized happiness.
    Travel also enabled Ben to pause and think. He did some of his best writing and experimenting while on the road or at sea. It was on a bumpy carriage ride from Philadelphia to Albany, New York, in 1754 when he composed his brilliant and prescient plan for colonial unity.
    Travel enabled Franklin to cast his gaze beyond Puritan Boston and still-parochial Philadelphia. It was also "one way of lengthening life," as he said. With the right mindset, two weeks in Paris felt like six months anywhere else.
    He would laugh at the hilarity of the sheer stupidity of the wackadoodledoos on HC and think 'surely, no one could be THAT stupid?'

oh yes they can Ben - you didn't see Oz

Benjamin Franklin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.