God predetermines who gets saved and when

1. 1,285 Posts.
    GOD PREDETERMINES WHO GETS SAVED AND WHEN
    "Now we are aware that God [Who? GOD. Men—ourselves? NO—GOD] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God who are called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28-30, Concordant Literal New Testament).
    It is ALL OF GOD. It is not wrong to tell others of your knowledge of God and His Word. It is not, however, your responsibility to "get people saved." Only God can do that.
    It is GOD who does the calling:
    "For ye see your calling brethren how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen [Who? ‘GOD’] the weak things of this world to confound the things which are mighty…" (I Cor. 1:26-27).
    It is GOD who does the dragging:
    "No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent Me, draw him [Gk: ‘drag him’]…" (John 6:44).
    It is CHRIST Who chooses from those His Father dragged:
    "Ye have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU…" (John 15:16).
    Eventually this will include all mankind:
    "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (John 12:32).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.