GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

This is quite the hodge podge thread. We do this a lot on the...

1. 5,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 573
    This is quite the hodge podge thread. We do this a lot on the gold threads. Talk about all in one thread. Since this is re the POG, I wanted to share my ***** reading yesterday. I noted the mini crash and wondered what macro news was that caused. Cue ***** reading... and the main comments are 'POG fell, no body knows why, but the fall hit some stops, so it fell more'.

What a funny thing POG. It falls... and no one can give any reason. So POG has three patterns

1) falls on good (fake) US news like recession over and interest rates to be normalised 'soon'
    2) rises when truthful news on world debt, fiat and nil/negative interest rates, and depression
    3) falls when 1) and 2) are having not much impact

What amazes me is that 3) would be OK if the overall balance and trend of the world economy was 'all is tending to the good'.

Do you think the world economy is getting better and better and currencies are getting stronger and stronger and interest rates are getting normaler and normaler

Evidence tells me some funny business is going on. Or I am wrong and the world is dawning to a new wonderous economic nirvana. I have some options on US real estate in case nirvana is coming. It is a hedge against my gold. That is my position. You dont use gold to hedge the world economies - you use the world economies to hedge gold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.