GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi again Timber and all, Not sure I understand your logic in...

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi again Timber and all,

Not sure I understand your logic in regard to inflation. If something increases in cost (10-15%) over twelve months and it’s not inflation I wonder what it can be? The CPI figure may well be 1.6% but try as hard as I can I can’t make it work in any way in real life!

7.9% since June 30 I guess is impressive given the limited view you have of the world being where I suggested your head was.

I didn’t have you down for a your’s is bigger than mine type of guy, however, since you ask.

“How has gold been doing?”

Please don’t worry about me Gold as we know has been going sideways for a while now; however, someone nimble and watching gold and the producers can still do OK. Read the BDI thread and some guy bought 30,000,000 shares for around 0.1 cents (started 19/05/14 17M) and sold out for 0.2 cents on 21/07/14. Don’t forget the brokerage (0.06%) when you do the math!

OK it’s not a fortune of a profit but enough for air ticket in suite 1A on Emirates and a few day’s salmon fishing on the Tweed and a little more than what someone on the UK minimum wage will make in a year.

I don’t fancy the idea of running away to some cheap island hideaway to eke out a living on my superannuation I much prefer to remain in the company of my friends and relations and help out the UK and Australian economies. It also clearly allows me a much better understanding of what is going on in the World by the way I mean the real one not the one you apparently see!

Enjoy the remainder of your time in the UK and enjoy the sunshine at least for the moment it’s still free but I hear they are working on that.

To others: I see Iraq has been buying gold (36 T) to bolster its paper money!

Still what do I know I thought the Angela Merkel German joke was funny.

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.