GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi Sydneyguy and all, The Gold connection leading to other...

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi Sydneyguy and all,

The Gold connection leading to other subjects was out of my control as you know Skol or Biggle’s as I affectionately call him (but not in that way just to be clear) for some time has been trying to change my mind on Gold. If you have read these threads for some time you will know he has relentlessly tried to change my thinking on holding physical Gold as income protection insurance.

I am not really sure why but when he learned I was taking a break in Bali he kindly gave me a recommendation for some bar; if I recall his words where it was definitely the place to be. I was aghast when I realised he was suggesting I would find a male only bar of interest and did wonder why he would put his name to a personal recommendation like that. As you know he talks with great fondness or even love of his time spent in San Francisco a city I personally have been very careful in when I choses a suitable bar to drink in as one knows how easily rumours can start.

Later he thought I would be interested in a dubious calendar featuring a bare chested Mr. Vladimir Putin whilst I did raise an eyebrow I thought it best to side step the subject.

People that read my posts know I take a great deal of trouble to not be judgemental; however, if you have reached your own conclusions and have decided to voice them I guess you are entitled to hold your opinion particularly are you are such a well-respected commentator here. I do commend you for your bravery in these controversial matters; you do more that I would ever dare.

I agree if there is any connection to Gold it can only be tenuous at best; all that I can think of is that this gentleman has tried to sway my thinking on Gold and having failed is now trying to change my thinking or orientation on other subjects.

I don’t think any conclusions you have reached on what is indeed a very personal matter of choice should influence our thinking and I hope we can all continue to enjoy a vigorous debate on all matters pertaining to Gold during 2016.

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.