GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

flotsam there are 3 main variables you need to think about - in...

1. 9,759 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3461
    flotsam

there are 3 main variables you need to think about - in my view - to work out which stocks will perform best from here - if yu are assuming gold price will rise

- cost of production - higher it is, more profit rises per % rise in gold price
    - usd cost or aud cost base - and whether you think aud pog or usd pog qwill rise fster from here
    - current earnings multiple per ounce/productiion+ prospect of future production increase

it was on this basis i was recommending rsg last nov rather than the aud producers

My own view is that usd pog will rise faster than aud pog will rise on a % basis. US is weaker intrinsically because of much higher debt to gdp ratio.

On that basis i rate the following as my top 10 on a 2yr + view - though im not fully versed on newmont, agg and a few others)

edv.to
    rsg
    nst
    evn
    sar
    bdr
    pru
    slr
    blk
    sbm

just my 2c. i think understanding the valuation drivers is the main thing 0- so you can make your own choices

btw - if you dont think gold rises much from here - then the stocks yoiu would choose would be very different

gb

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.