GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

@Skol Thought you might find this interesting. The list of...

1. 7,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    @Skol Thought you might find this interesting.

The list of ridiculous gold-to-the-moon calls can go on and on. The following table shows a very partial list of predictions made by various “experts” going back to 2002. This article concludes with a list of links to the original sources of these predictions:

image.png
    The “experts” above have so far gone 0-for-79 on their predictions. Below are a few of the more entertaining excerpts from the experts.

Stewart Thomson:

The gold bears will be destroyed, and everything they made you afraid of will seem ridiculous, in hindsight.

Robert Lenzer:

Think of gold as the ultimate chicken soup for all the world’s ills.

Michael Yorba:

That’s why I think we will see $3000 on Gold and $300 on Crude Oil and Yes, I did the technical analysis to arrive at the projected prices on gold and oil.

Roland Watson:

When I first began to talk about gold hitting over $10,000 an ounce and silver going over $700 an ounce in our lifetimes, various people greeted me with general incredulity.

Howard Katz:

The only thing which can stop this and invalidate my $14,000 gold prediction is some kind of political “miracle” such as a sweeping Republican victory in 2010.

My personal favorite from this group is Clem Chambers, a contributor to the “Intelligent Investing” channel on Forbes. His February 2012 column included a prediction for gold to hit $5,000:

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.