GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-1803

1. 41,821 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1017
    2009 I recall. What is your point?

You cannot make money hindsight. Looking left of chart is only a gauge of how the performance of measurement regardless if it is 7 years or 70 years. I know plenty of LT holders make money but I also know plenty in that camp losing their shirts. The same goes with ST trading.

I think some should be aware of the opportunity cost of being stuck in an investment that takes a long time to bear fruit. The problem is one never know which one requires a lot longer to get to the destination.

Again taking the middle ground and I note that you have a keen interest in REITs. Flip a long term chart of the ones you are interested and have they recovered from their pre-GFC high? They make look very nice if you had bought from the GFC destructed low but LT investments I suspect would be pre-GFC especially when everything went up.

This LT V ST views is just as idiotic as comparing different asset class. People enter and exit at different stages so one person's LT definition is another's ST hold. You may equally feel that your investments are making greater returns than the "silly" punter taking gold positions but if everyone is making money, what is the problem?

Your prediction is no different to the countless predictors posting here or in US (P Schiff et al). As you say "dreams are free" and so are predictions. The real investors do not focus on such folly knowing full well that no one I know of has a tap to see the future.

Half these post on both views are just CRAP, either mocking or conspiracy.

No many talk strategy whether risk mitigation, open trade management and entries. trading/investing style etc all real money making potentials. Instead we get lots of half wits pulling down their zip to compare the so call dick size but not appreciating impotency!

On the balance side, some posters showing charts and opinions are valued even though I may disagree. Have a good day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.