PLS 2.96% $4.18 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-633

1. 8,973 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4425
    As per CATL's directives, something big needs to happen and very soon, so maybe the cell makers venture upstream to protect their own business, because auto OEM's are only executing raw material offtakes, they are not investing in mines to bring forward capacity.

Something has to give, the demand pull from decarbonization is getting ridiculous, EU and US way behind the curve with huge pent-up demand. As per Fastmarkets, they expect cell makers to continue ramping cell production in order to build some inventories, maintaining higher raw material and chem demand pressure, therefore prices.

I noted a month of so back, due to tightness in carb market, chem producers would start buying cheaper hydroxide feedstock. That has played out, and hydroxide prices are catching up to carb in China spot, and now selling at a small ($500) premium ex-China.

As posted ad nauseum, downstream assets will be at risk due to lack of upstream investments, well NSS, here we are. I understand CATL's cause for concern. If you had a few billion to deploy, would as you say, invest in coy's with the credentials and scale, or risk those dollars on a maybe.

I read an analysis piece yesterday wrt a well marketed German hopeful, for which Daimler & BMW said they are monitoring developments, but at this stage, it's too early to make any commitments, because said project is yet to prove up economic quantities, let alone quality.

Long story short, shite needs to happen, yesterday....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
0.120(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.13 $4.20 $4.11 $86.61M 20.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1408666 $4.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.19 165878 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
0.120 ( 3.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.12 $4.20 $4.12 4580071
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.