Hated by all., page-5

1. 17,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    Dear trademanic, you probably need to get over yourself. I have a different view. People of all persuasions and beliefs, be they JWs and non-JWs, have a tendency to form a preconceived belief about how the world is and how others "out there" fit into that preconceived belief. They then go about creating situations, usually unconsciously, that will then reaffirm that belief. In other words we create our own reality. This is not some weird rare psychological illness. This is not even uncommon but rather it is the standard human condition. If you have a preconceived idea that people will hate you for whatever reason, be it your religion or what ever then you will most probably unconsciously give people cause to be peeved with you and then turn around and point to their peevedness as the evidence for what you already believe.

I do not hate JWs, My maternal grandmother was a JW. She was a poor and elderly widow who did a lot of good for many people. When I was 10 years old she gave me her piano because of my interest in music. Besides her house it was probably her only possession of value. It is an antique that now, nearly 45 years later, sits proudly in my living room with her picture on top. From the piano I moved to guitar and enjoyed a period of 14 years as a professional entertainer. I thank my grandmother for that opportunity. Two of her daughters, my aunties (also now deceased) were also  JWs and 3 daughters of one aunty are JWs today. I do not hate any of my family. MrGordon, one of our regular posters here is a JW. He does not offend me. Whilst I disagree with much of what the JWs teach MrGordon has offered the odd pearl of wisdom that I very much agree with. Whenever a JW comes to my door I am NEVER rude. I will, however, very quickly shut down the conversation about their beliefs but just as quickly switch the conversation to a very friendly banter about them personally or the weather that day or whatever......but despite me not accepting their beliefs I would be mortified if they went away from my door feeling bad about themselves because of my attitude. Nearly every morning of my life I make a 10 minute drive to the ocean front where I will have either an early morning walk or run. Every morning there is a group of Islander ladies there sitting under a tree with their watchtower magazines on display. Over time I have built a rapport with them. I do not discuss the watchtower but I am always ready with a greeting or a joke about me running while they get to sit under a tree. Nowadays they always light up with a big smile when they see me. You see trademanic, life is not about a religion, or a club, or a set of rules but rather it is about the human spirit. It is about how we treat others......whatever you do to these the least of my brethren....I'm sure your know that verse.

Trademanic it seems to me that you are one of those who have a preconceived idea that the world hates you and you go about creating the evidence for that. Just as an example I challenge you to go back have have a good read and a thoughtful read of the thread about "A Course In Miracles" that was started by golfzoner. Clearly the course means something to him and he was brave enough to bare his soul in that regard. You then let off several posts like machine gun fire with derogatory comments, making vague links between ACIM believers and Charles Manson, LSD users and Islamic terrorists. That is just for starters. You were very aggressive in your language and not at all diplomatic and you showed ill regard for the feelings and beliefs of others. I then responded to you with a blunt post. Weeeeeeell, didn't we hear the squeals then!! Again you let off another round of posts like machine gun fire at me where you saw yourself as the victim. You now had the evidence that you were looking for. You drew a response from me which confirmed your preconceived ideas that you are hated for righteousness sake. Well, I hate to break it to you like this but no one "out here" hates you trademanic. If there is any loathing at all then I would suggest to you that it is an inside job. My suggestion to you is that before you let off another rat-a-tat round of posts at me you should first reread that ACIM thread and try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who has found meaning in the course and then ask yourself whether or not you deserved a blunt response. From my point of view there is no problem with you being a JW. I have stated my belief many times here. There are universal truths that are contained in many different metaphors (religions). When we start to believe in our chosen metaphor as the literal truth and not as A vessel of THE truth, be that Islam, JWs or whatever only then do we start to get ourselves into trouble. Belief in the metaphor as the actual truth has been the cause of every holy war that ever was.
    Last edited by NineLives: 03/01/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.